Make your smile the best it can be with regular dental hygiene appointments.
Bad breath, bleeding gums and even oral cancer can be detected by frequent visits to the dental hygienist. At Billericay Dental Care we have a specialist team of hygienists who can help you keep your mouth fresh and healthy.
What Services Can A Hygienist Offer?
Scale and polish – This is the removal of plaque and tartar which can’t be removed by even the most frequent brushing at home.
Root planing – In patients with early signs of gum disease, this procedure helps to reattach the gum to the tooth.
Oral hygiene advice – From tips on how to prevent the build-up of plaque by better brushing, flossing and tongue scraping to advice on diet to avoid tooth decay
Air polishing – This gentle procedure is guaranteed to remove all traces of plaque, tartar and everyday stains using a fine jet of compressed air, water and fine powder particles. Suitable for patients with dental implants, veneers, crowns and bridges.
What Is Air Polishing?
Tooth cleaning is of particular importance in order to prevent gum disease and dental caries. The air polishing service offered by Billericay Dental Care uses gentle cleaning agents to thoroughly clean and polish your teeth. This helps to prevent gingivitis, periodontitis and dental cavities. It is most suitable for patients with the following:
● Stained or discoloured teeth, usually due to tea, coffee, smoking or red wine.
● Plaque deposits which cannot be removed by brushing alone
● Cleaning of fissures before sealing with fissure sealant therapy
● Cleaning of braces or preparation of surfaces before bonding or removal of adhesive residue
● Before a filling, veneer or inlay to ensure the best result and lifespan of your filling
● Cleaning healthy teeth to get an accurate shade before having a bridge, crowns, inlays and onlays made
● Before teeth whitening for optimum effectiveness of whitening agent
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some answers to the questions we receive the most about our services.
If we missed anything, please do not hesitate to contact us. We’ll be happy to help
The main benefits of regular dental hygienist visits include catching oral problems early and preventing larger problems down the line. A dental hygienist can identify potential issues like inflammation, broken teeth, periodontal disease, and even the early signs of oral cancer. They can also advise on the right toothpaste, mouthwash and dental floss are right for you.
No, you shouldn’t be in pain during your treatment. If you are in pain, this could be a sign that something is amiss and we’ll refer you to a dentist for further investigation. Dental hygienist cleanings might feel unusual, but you shouldn’t be in pain.
Air polishing will lift and remove surface stains, but it cannot lift deep-set stains. Only teeth whitening will achieve this. Your dental hygienist can advise on the best teeth whitening treatments for your needs.
MAKE AN ENQUIRY
Why we are different.
Year after year, we’re privileged to welcome an ever increasing number of patients to our practice. When you choose our dental bridge service, we can promise you the following:
- From your first consultation, we will work hard to ensure you understand your options and the benefits of treatment.
- We’re open, honest and upfront about our services. We’ll offer you a realistic understanding of what you can hope to achieve with your dental bridge treatment.
- Our team of dental professionals are highly trained and experienced in fitting and placing dental bridges. We’ll be here to answer your questions and make your restoration journey enjoyable.