CROWNS AND BRIDGES FITTED BY BILLERICAY'S LEADING DENTAL PRACTICE
Find out about crowns and bridges, what they’re for, how we fit them for you, and much more
Crowns and bridges from Billericay Dental Care
Crowns (also known as caps) are placed over a tooth to give it back its size, strength, shape, and appearance. They also restore teeth that, for various different reasons, cannot take a filling. Bridges are used to replace any missing teeth you have.
Everyone likes to have the perfect smile and here at Billericay Dental Care, we’re no different.
When you think about it, the teeth in our mouth have to withstand a lot. There’s food and drink, environmental pollutants, and the ever-present and very persistent bacteria in our mouths which constantly release acid breaking down both the outside and inside of our teeth.
Even though you look after your teeth on a daily basis, sometimes a tooth will break down gradually over time. And because the breakdown is so gradual, you won’t think you have a problem with that tooth until it’s too late.
Other times, through accidents, injuries, and other causes, our teeth simply dislodge themselves from the gum and can’t be put back.
Billericay Dental Care offers crowns and bridges to our patients in Billericay with advanced decay in certain teeth or who have a missing tooth or teeth.
Why do more and more patients in Billericay and the surrounding area use Billericay Dental Care?
• our E-Max Crown premium services offers you a crown which is not only strong and lustrous but which shines and matches the colour of your existing teeth or to any colour you want perfectly.
• we’re an experienced team of fully-trained and qualified dentists and dental assistants dedicated to the very best outcomes for our patients,
• we appreciate the discomfort a badly-decayed tooth can cause you and want to put it all right for you,
• for many people, having missing teeth increases feelings of insecurity and can affect confidence – we’ll make sure that the bridges we fit for you are just as you want them so you feel your previous self again and
• you can rest assured that you’ll always get the very highest standard of work backed up by genuine after-care every time you visit us.
Want to talk with your Billericay Dental Care team about crowns and bridges? Want to know exactly what we can do to restore your smile and your teeth with crowns and bridges?
Please call us on 01277 62 54 56 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like some advice.
Nervous Patient? Crowns
Six main reasons we fit dental crowns to our patients
-protecting a weak tooth from breaking up
-restore a tooth that’s too fragile for a filling or there’s not enough of your tooth left to put a filling in
-holding a dental bridge in place
-covering up a tooth that’s badly discoloured or is not the shape you want it
-to cover a dental implant
-for cosmetic purposes
What’s a crown made from?
Your crown will be made out of one of the following types of material:
-a mix of metals made up of not less than a third of fine gold, platinum, or palladium
-alloys made up of stainless steel, cobalt chromium or nickel chromium
-porcelain bonded to precious metals
-alloys bonded to wrought platinum coping
-temporary crowns (used when a permanent one is not yet available) are made from acrylic
How is it fitted?
Your crown is held in place by a type of dental cement. It covers the entire visible part of your tooth above your gum line.
Want to know everything about crowns? Would you like advice on whether you need one? Please call us on 01277 62 54 56 or email us at email@example.com if you’d like some advice.
Nervous Patient? Bridges
Why do I need a dental bridge?
A bridge “bridges” the gap created by one or more missing teeth. The teeth on either side of the gap both receive crowns to help anchor the false tooth when it’s put into place.
A bridge can:
• restore your smile
• give you the ability to chew and speak better
• holds the natural shape of your face
• prevents remaining teeth from drifting out of position.
Dental bridges may affect your adjacent teeth. When you come for your appointment, we can discuss implants – they’re a different solution to dental bridges. If you want to find out more about our implant service, please click here.
What types of bridges are available?
There are three main types of bridge available for your procedure, and they are -
• traditional bridges, made of porcelain fused to either metal or ceramics, involve creating crown for the teeth on either side of the missing tooth with an artificial tooth (sometimes called a pontic) fitted in between
• cantilever bridges, now less common, are used when there are teeth next door on only one side of the missing tooth
• bonded bridges, where metal or porcelain wings are bonded on just one side of your existing teeth. They’re made of porcelain, plastic teeth and gums fitted onto a metal or porcelain framework, or porcelain fused to metal.
How is my bridge fitted?
On your first visit, the teeth that the crowns are going onto are prepared. This can involve giving your teeth a new contouring by taking away a bit of your enamel to allow room for the crowns. Your dentist will then make impressions of your teeth and send them off to the lab who create your bridge, your artificial tooth (teeth), and crowns. While we’re waiting for them, you’ll be fitted with a temporary bridge to protect your enamel.
On you second visit, we’ll remove the temporary bridge. We’ll check and adjust the new one to achieve a proper fit. It may take a few visits to get it just right but don’t worry – that’s normal.
Want to know more about bridges? Want professional advice and guidance on whether it’s a solution for you? Please call us on 01277 62 54 56 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like some advice.
How long do dental bridges last?
If you have a good dental hygiene routine and come to Billericay Dental Care for regular check-ups, 10-15 years – maybe even longer.
Will you tell me how to take good care of my bridge and crowns?
Yes. We want you to enjoy the difference our bridges and crowns bring to your life so it’s all about us helping you get the most out of them.
For everything about crowns and bridges, call us on 01277 62 54 56 or email us at email@example.com if you’d like some advice.